Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bought an Rx-7

So I finally decided on a car to get and, pulled out a loan and found this 1994 Rx-7 for $12,000 (after some, frankly easy bargaining with the dealer. he was asking $13k, I said I'd give him $12k, and all he said was, and I quote "....hm, ok deal" Easiest bargaining of my life thus far haha. Anyways, it's totally stock. Vacuum lines have been replaced, windows tinted, and stock wheels painted. Thats IT. Oh yeah, and only 49.5k miles. Teehee. Perfect. I will be the first person to get into this thing. Ok well its not totally perfect, a few minor interior panels missing. (ok, no glove box handle kinda sucks) and the radio is getting no power at the moment, and the horns don't work. Big problems are that there is a suspension bushing gone in the rear (already tracked it down though, one bushing ~$80 for the part, do the work myself of course). Also there is a slight waver in the idle once its warmed up, which is either the MAP sensor or a loose vacuum line, the dealership thought it was the MAP sensor so their sending me a new one in the mail as soon as they get it. So, not a bad deal! I'm going to have so much fun with this thing =) Here's some pics:









No comments:

Post a Comment